Psito hirino sto fourno
Question. What is psito hirino sto fourno?
Answer. Psito hirino sto fourno is pork roasted in the oven.
Tips, tricks and info on how to roast pork in the oven
We have seen a lot of recipes of pork roast on the internet, but no one truly tells you how to get the pork to be extremely tender, like the Greek festivals that you go to Greece or abroad. All tricks are releaved in our video. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Following the instructions in our video you will get you a perfect recipe every time. After proper cooking techniques, the meat will fall off the bone.
- Equipment needed: Baster, Meat thermometer
- Place some vegetables at the bottom of the roaster, and set aside for now.
- Pat dry the meat using paper towels.
- Coarsely chop the garlic.
- Pierce the meat in numerous locations and insert seasoned (salt & pepper) garlic, as shown.
- Allow the meat to rest at room temperature for about two hours, before searing.
- Turn heat to medium-high and allow a few minutes for the pan to heat up.
- Apply clarified butter to the pork on all sides.
- Mix all the spices together and sprinkle over the pork.
- Once the pan is at the proper temperature, add the clarified butter.
- Sear the meat on all sides.
- When ready, place meat in roaster and insert a meat thermometer.
- Drizzle some of the clarified butter onto the meat.
- Preheat the oven to a low temperature and roast the meat until fork tender. Baste and turn over the meat every 30 minutes for the first hour and a half, and then every hour.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Hirino sto fourno video