Bouti arnisio sto fourno
Question. What is Bouti arnisio sto fourno?
Answer. Bouti arnisio is leg of lamb. This is the simplest recipe and the most delicious. Leg of lamb can be eaten hot or cold.
Tips and tricks on making oven-baked leg of lamb, Greek-style.
This is another of our top 10 recipes, and surprisingly it is the absolutely easiest recipe to follow giving you amazing results. Essential kitchen tool for this recipe, is an accurate meat thermometer and the roaster shown in the video. You will find a lot of non-greek recipes on lamb asking you not to over-cook the lamb, leaving a little pink inside. Roasting a leg of lamb, Greek style, is the opposite.
- Place something in bottom of pan (eg; carrots & celery) just to prevent the leg of lamb from burning.
- Pierce the leg in numerous locations in order to insert all garlic cloves, salt and pepper into each cavity, as shown next.
- Apply some of the butter onto the meat, and start inserting the garlic cloves into the cavities.
- Season each cavity with salt and pepper.
- Season the leg with the remaining salt & pepper mixture.
- Baste and turn over the leg for the first 1 hour and a half every 30 minutes.
- Place cover on, and bake at middle oven rack for a couple of hours, or until meat is very tender when pierced with a fork.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. How to cook leg of lamb greek-style video