Question. What are Fakes?
Answer. Fakes is lentils. In this video we will be making lentil soup.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make lentil soup (fakes)
Preparing lentils for lentil soup
Preparing lentils for lentil soup.
Lentils do not need to be presoaked.
Dried legumes like lentils may often have other particles like stones or other grains which must be removed.
Once all particles have been removed rince the lentils in water and drain the water.
See our video below on how to prepare greek style lentil soup.
- Fill the pot with water and thoroughly rinse the lentils.
- Drain all the water.
- Add fresh water.
- Add the shredded onions and garlic.
- Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil (it should take about 15 minutes).
- Mix the tomato paste with the water.
- Add the sugar and set aside.
- Once the boiling begins lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes with lid on.
- After half an hour of cooking add the oil, salt, tomato paste mixture and the bay leaf.
- Add additional water if needed.
- Add the vinegar.
- After 1 hour and 20 minutes the lentil soup is ready.
See FREE video: how to make greek-style lentil soup (fakes)