FASOLAKIA STO FOURNO
Question. What is fasolakia sto fourno
Answer. Fasolakia sto fourno are green beans baked in the oven.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make fasolakia sto fourno
Sautéing the green beans and cooking them in a roaster makes a huge difference, in terms of taste.
- Thoroughly wash the green beans. Make sure the green beans are dry prior to sautéing them, simply to prevent splattering when you drop them in the hot oil.
- Cut both ends of the green beans, as shown.
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes, as shown. One way to remove the skin from the tomatoes is by scrapping the surface of the tomato with a knife until the skin becomes wrinkled. Then you may easily peel off the skin.
- Season the potatoes with some of the salt and pepper.
- Distribute the potatoes evenly over the green beans.
- Add remaining clarifying butter,and begin sautéing the onions.
- Chop the fresh basil leaves and set aside for now.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, season with some of the salt and pepper, add the sugar, and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- At this point, add a flavorful liquid and olive oil. Continue sautéing another 5 minutes.
- At this point, you may add the herbs and continue sautéing another minute.
- Bake at 350 F at middle rack for 2 hours covered, then un cover and continue baking for another 45 minutes or until most of the juices have evaporated.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Fasolakia sto fourno video