Question. What is Galopita?
Answer. Galopita is the simple version of Galaktobouriko. No syrop nor phyllo dough is used, and the 'custard' is baked in the oven and covered with icing sugar.
Tips and tricks on how to make galopita
- Turn heat to medium and add the milk, sugar and butter. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- At this point add remaining ingredients, semolina, vanilla and beaten eggs.
- After 10 minutes of cooking the semolina cream is ready.
- Pour the semolina cream onto an oiled pan.
- Bake at 350F at middle rack for 30-40 minutes.
- The galopita is ready when a nice color develops and toothpick comes out clean.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Galopita video