Question. What is Keftethakia tiganita?
Answer. Keftethakia tiganita are simply Greek-style fried meatballs. They are very soft and eaten with raw tomatoes. Their softness comes from the ingredients that are incorporated with the meat.
Tips and tricks on how to make Greek-style fried meat balls
- Place the minced meat in a large bowl or any other container and add all ingredients specified in the recipe all at once.
- Knead mixture just enough to incorporate all ingredients together.
- Spread some flour into a large plate, cover each meatball with flour, and fry in a pan at medium heat, as shown next.
- After a minute or so, you may begin to rotate the meatballs.
- Once meat balls are done, transfer onto a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- These meat balls can be eaten hot or cold.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Keftethakia tiganita video