Kolios sto fourno
Question. What is Kolios sto fourno?
Answer. Kolios sto fourno is Mackerel cooked in the oven.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make Kolio sto fourno
- This recipe begins by frying the potatoes. Make sure the oil is hot before adding the potatoes. Potatoes were fried for 12 minutes.
- Slice each fish where it is the thickest (for even cooking), and cut the fins.
- Season each fish inside and out with salt.
- Heat the oil at medium heat and begin sautéing the onions. Season the onions with salt and pepper.
- Coarsely chop the garlic as shown. After a couple of minutes add the garlic.
- Mix the tomato paste with some water and pour it into the sautéing onions.
- Add spices, sugar and seasoning.
- As the onions are sautéing, add the fried potatoes in between the raw fish,
- Season just the potatoes with salt, but very lightly.
- Add the sautéed onions onto the fish and spread evenly.
- Add some more water, oil and the tomato slices on top.
- Bake at 350 F at middle oven rack for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until most of the juices have evaporated.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Kolios sto fourno video