Koukia me araka
Question. What is Koukia me araka?
Answer. Koukia me araka are broad beans and peas cooked in the oven with herbs and tomato sauce preferably in a roaster.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make Koukia me araka
- Put the broad beans and peas in the roaster and add all the remaining ingredients on top; Green peas, broad beans, oil, herbes, tomatoes, onions and water or chicken stock.
- Bake at 350deg. F in middle oven rack with roaster covered.
- After 45 minutes of cooking, turn over all ingredients. Place cover back on and continue cooking.
- After 1 hour and 45 minutes, there is still a lot of juices.
- Raise the temperature to 450 F, and bake for another 45 minutes (without cover) or until most of the juices have evaporated.
- After 2 hours and 45 minutes all the juices are gone.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Koukia me araka video