Question. What is Moustalevria?
Answer. Moustalevria ne is a grape must pudding mixed with a thickener. Once thickened it is topped with sesame seeds, nuts and cinnamon.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make Moustalevria
- Add the grape must and water.
- Gradually add the flour and stir vigorously using a whisk to break apart all lumps.
- Once all lumps are dissolved, turn heat to medium while stirring constantly.
- Once grape must mixture begins to thicken, lower the heat to medium-low and continue stirring constantly.
- After 30 minutes the grape must mixture (moustalevria) is ready.
- Pour the moustalevria into small plates or bowls.
- Add chopped walnuts, sesami seeds and cinnamon to taste.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Moustalevria video