Question. What is Saganaki?
Answer. Saganaki is a Greek appetizer. It is cheese that is pan-fried and finished with lemon juice. It is an hors d'oeuvre and it is eaten with bread or with other appetizers (pikilia). Can use an stainless steel pan (as shown in our video) or a cast iron skillet to fry the cheese.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make Saganaki
- Moisten the cheese specified in the recipe.
- Add butter and allow to heat up.
- Dip the cheese into the flour on both sides.
- When the oil is hot add the cheese.
- Fry for about a minute or two on each side or until colored.
- Once the cheese is colored on both sides, tilt the pan sideways and light up the brandy.
- Allow the flame to die down before adding the lemon juice.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. FREE Saganaki video