Question. What is Sikoti tiganito?
Answer. Sikoti tiganito is calf liver fried with lot’s of onions. It can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make Sikoti tiganito
- Blot-dry the liver of any excess water using paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to medium and allow the pan to heat up.
- Once pan is hot, add butter.
- Begin sautéing the liver. You will have to turn it a few times until done, as shown next.
- Constantly adjust the heat until a gentle sizzle is heard.
- Next, check for doneness. You want to see some pink color, because the liver will continue cooking through due to residual heat.
- When done, remove and set aside.
- Add some more oil, and begin sauteing the onions.
- Season the onions with salt & pepper.
- Make sure you scrape off all the drippings from the pan, shown next.
- At this point add the broth mixture.
- Place the liver on top of the onions, and continue cooking at simmering heat for about 30 minutes or until or the juices are gone.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Sikoti tiganito video