Question. What is Skorthalia?
Answer. Skorthalia is a thick garlic dip or spread made with potatoes as the main ingredient. It goes extremely well with bakaliaro (cod), and/or beets.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make Skorthalia
Once the potatoes are done, do not allow them to cool off. Immediately begin blending them in the mixer. Skorthalia goes extremely well with Bakaliaro (Wild cod fillets) and bread.
- Boil the potatoes for 30 minutes or until very tender.
- As the potatoes are boiling mix in a bowl all ingredients specified in the recipe, and set aside.
- Once the potatoes are done, blend the moistened bread with the potatoes.
- Mix the potatoes for about 5 minutes, or until there are no bread or potato lumps.
- After 5 minutes of mixing add the liquid ingredients.
- After another 5 minutes of mixing add the potato liquid.
- After a few minutes of mixing, the skorthalia is ready.
- Garnish with olives and parsley.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Skorthalia video