Question. What is Tzatziki (djadjiki)?
Answer. It is an appetizer and it is also used as a sauce for souvlaki and gyros. Tzatziki is made of strained yogurt usually from sheep's or goat's milk, pronounced like ‘djadjiki’.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make Tzatziki
The first step is to taste the greek yogurt. If too sour, add less vinegar and omit the lemon juice.
Do NOT mix vigorously, but incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Empty the yogurt into a bowl.
- Add the shreaded cucumber.
- Add the garlic, oil, vinegar and salt.
- Gently mix all ingredients together.
- For best taste, refrigerate over night or for at least three hours.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Tzatziki video