Question. What is Yiaourti spitisio
Answer. Yiaourti spitisio is home-made yogurt. This video will teach you how you can make yogurt in your own home for a fraction of the cost of a store-bought yogurt. You only need a small size yogurt and 2L of milk.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make Yiaourti spitisio
To cheapest way to protect your teeth from gum disease and to prevent buildup of bacteria is by simply using yogurt after a meal. After a meal take a tbsp of yogurt and chew on it so that it comes to contact with all your teeth. Keep it in your mouth for a few seconds and then swallow. That's it.
The active bacterial cultures in the yogurt aid in digestion. Homemade Yogurt is a healthy source of protein, calcium, and other essential vitamins.
- Pour the milk into a pot.
- Set the heat to medium-high just to quickly bring the milk to a boil. Stir occasionally during this time.
- Once boiling begins, immediately lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes at low heat.
- Next, place the pot of heated milk in a pan full of cold water in order to cool it quickly.
- Cool the milk down to 120 F.
- Temper the yogurt by gradually adding some hot milk.
- Add the tempered yogurt into the milk.
- Pour the yogurt into a glass container and cover with a towel.
- Warm up the oven for 30 seconds and place the yogurt over a blanket.
- Cover the yogurt with the blanket and let rest in the oven over night.
- Next morning, place the yogurt in the fridge.
- You can stop at this point and enjoy the yogurt, or take it one step further to thicken the yogurt a bit more in order to make tzatziki sauce.
- Pour the yogurt onto a cheesecloth fabric.
- Make two knots and hang the cheesecloth on any knob in your kitchen's cupboards.
- Let the cheesecloth hang for 3 hours on a cupboard's knob, and your done.
- The more liquid released, the thicker the yogurt and the more sour the taste.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Yiaourti spitisio video