Question. What is Yiouverlakia
Answer. The equivalent to Yiouverlakia would be something like meatball soup with egg/lemon sauce.
Tips, tricks and info on how to make Yiouverlakia
- Add the oil and begin sautéing the onions for about 10 minutes or until translucent.
- For minced meat ingredients see lahanodolmathes recipe.
- Form meat balls of desired size and set aside.
- Add the flour mixture to the tomato sauce mixture.
- From this point on, make sure you stir every couple of minutes to prevent the sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- At this point add the meat balls.
- Taste for saltiness, and add¸seasoning.
- Lower the heat to low for slow simmering.
- At this point, we will prepare the avgolemono sauce.
- Gradually add the avgolemono (egg/lemon sauce).
- Allow to come to a simmer in order for the arrowroot to take effect in order to thicken the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
NOTE: If this Greek recipe is of interest to you, you may watch our video with step by step instructions and precise ingredient amounts. Yiouverlakia video